Here are a few ideas I found that were posted on Edutopia. http://www.edutopia.org/blog/teaching-kindness-the-kind-campaign-lisa-dabbs?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+EdutopiaNewContent+%28Edutopia%29
Let's look at a few ways we can support teaching kindness:
- Take part in the Random Acts of Kindness Week(7), February 11-17, 2013.
- Immerse yourself daily in modeling the teaching of kindness(8) in your classroom and school site.
- Find resources(9) for your students that can promote the work of kindness in their lives at school.
- Get students involved in creating lessons(10) on the subject and incorporate journal writing, video production and podcasting in delivering the "kindness" lesson.
- Check out what indie film makers Lauren Parsekian(11) and Molly Thompson(12) are doing to take the mission of kindness to schools across the U.S.
- Schedule a screening(13) of Finding Kind in your own school or neighborhood.
- Watch and share this video on The Kindness School(14) that's inspiring students and their communities.
- Do everything you can to be a warrior of kindness with your students!